Christie co-hosting 'Today' to promote NJ shore
Fri, 24 May 2013 03:04:06 -0400
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is co-hosting NBC's "Today" on Friday morning as part of a campaign to proclaim that the state's shore is ready for business seven months after being devastated by Superstorm Sandy.
One dead, about 10 injured in Guinea opposition protest
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:57:31 -0400
By Saliou Samb CONAKRY (Reuters) - One person was killed and about were 10 injured when security forces and supporters of Guinea's president clashed with protesters marching in the capital on Thursday against planned legislative elections. President Alpha Conde's opponents say he plans to rig the long-delayed polls due to take place on June 30. Conde took office in 2010 following the first democratic transfer of power in the mineral-rich nation since independence in 1958. ...
British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:55:46 -0400
By Guy Faulconbridge and Michael Holden LONDON (Reuters) - Police investigating the murder of a soldier hacked to death on a busy London street were looking on Friday into whether the two suspected killers, British men of Nigerian descent, were part of a wider conspiracy. The two suspects, aged 22 and 28, are under guard in hospitals after being shot and arrested by police following the murder of 25-year-old Afghan war veteran Lee Rigby on Wednesday in broad daylight. They have not yet been charged. ...
Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:53:54 -0400
By Jonathan Kaminsky OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) - Part of a four-lane freeway bridge over a river in rural Washington state collapsed on Thursday, sending vehicles and drivers tumbling into the frigid water, authorities said. Two of the three people rescued from the river were hospitalized with hypothermia, said Given Kutz, a spokesman for Skagit County in the northern part of the state. There were apparently no fatalities. "They (rescuers) don't expect anyone else (remains) in the water," he said. ...
Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:53:09 -0400
(Reuters) - A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck Northern California on Thursday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The epicenter of the quake was 6 miles northwest of the town of Greenville, and near the smaller community of Canyondam, the USGS said. There were no immediate reports of injuries. Allen Shephard, a hunting and fishing guide at Quail Lodge at Lake Almanor in Canyondam, said the quake knocked him "right off the couch and onto the floor." The floor of the lodge was littered with broken dishware, and cabinets were in disarray, said Shephard, 62. ...
Japan's PM Abe defends policies as markets settle
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:50:59 -0400
TOKYO (AP) — Japan's top leaders are defending the economic strategies championed by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, though the central bank chief acknowledged a need for better communication with financial markets, a day after Tokyo shares suffered their worst loss since the 2011 tsunami disaster.
I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river, injuring 3
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:47:45 -0400
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) — An Interstate 5 bridge over a river collapsed north of Seattle Thursday evening, dumping two vehicles into the water and sparking a rescue effort by boats and divers who pulled three injured people from the chilly waterway.
Survey: German consumer confidence rises strongly
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:41:56 -0400
BERLIN (AP) — A survey is showing a significant rise in German consumer confidence as people's expectations for the economy and for their own income improve.
Earthquake hits Russia's Far East
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:36:35 -0400
MOSCOW (AP) — A powerful earthquake has hit Russia's Far East with slight tremors spreading westwards as far as Moscow.
Kenyan police clear truckers blocking east Africa's main trade route
Fri, 24 May 2013 02:35:27 -0400
By Joseph Akwiri MOMBASA (Reuters) - Kenyan police cleared the only highway from the Indian Ocean port city of Mombasa to the capital Nairobi on Thursday, two days after striking truck drivers blocked it and threatened to choke the main trade artery in east Africa. Some 95 percent of all cargo arriving through Mombasa is ferried to its final destination by road, with lorries the main mode of transport. Most of the goods end up in Uganda and Congo, with the rest going to Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan and even Somalia. ...
- Attracting public attention to products or services, as by paid announcements in the print, broadcast, or electronic media.
Art and Hobbies
- Activities or interests pursued outside of one's regular occupation. Engaged in hobbies primarily for pleasure and interest.
Auto Care and Services
- Vehicle parts and services. Resources related to automobiles, motorcycles, or RVs. Find rentals, parts, invoices, quotes, services, new cars, leases, detailing, leather care, and reviews.
Business Products and Supplies
- Furnish or equip businesses and offices. Providing businesses with the materials that are needed for everyday business.
Clothing and Accessories
- Dressing for fashion. Garments for men and women. Find a designer. Golf clothes, elegant clothes, China clothes. Articles of dress, wearing apparel and accessories.
- Services that relate to the computer including computer stores, new computers, computer networking services and consulting services.
- Commerce that is transacted electronically, as over the internet. Services that help or facilitate the electronic shopping carts.
Education and Training
- Process of educating and training. To gain knowledge or skill obtained in a learning process. Fields of study. Instructive resources to gain experience.
Employment and Careers
- Career news, advice, and search help in finding jobs. Resource center for job openings, employer profiles, resume posting, articles, and more.
- Art or fields of entertainment. Amusement sites relating to performance or show. Find the latest in TV, movies, and music.
- Resources including banking, stocks, investments, real estate, planning, retirement, taxes, and estates.
Gambling and Casinos
- Directory list of online gambling sites. Read news on Web and brick-and-mortar casinos, find gaming tips or get the latest lines. Casino sites describing the future of online gaming in various states and suggests strategies for playing blackjack, roulette, and slots on the Web.
Gifts and Collectibles
- See the catalog of unusual spa gifts. Shop for gifts, flowers or perfumes and find presents on sale for any occasion, including Mother's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas. Specialty store sells gifts, collectibles, books, jewelry and items for the home. Browse the listings for product prices and descriptions.
Health and Fitness
- Read articles concerning nutrition, exercise programs, medical research and weight loss. Extensive information on fitness, health and nutrition. Features library, clubs, fitness products, sports medicine, newsgroups and a FAQ. Features articles with nutrition, weightlifting, and exercise tips.
Home and Garden
- Find plant details, organizations, chat, events, advice, glossaries, and databases. Provides articles, gardening tips, and Q&A. Find how-to projects and check out the regional reports.
Home Products and Services
- Find home decorating and improvement articles, and use the search feature to scan for home related products and services. Hundreds of tips and ideas for managing, improving, and decorating your home.
- Provides articles and links for people interested in working from home. Offers links to consultation services, home Internet resources, business start pages, and related tools for the small business owner.
Industrial and Commercial
- Provides information on homes, construction, industry, private, government, professionals, engineering, and more.
- Read a collection of tips, essays and newsletters full of Internet marketing tips, tricks and suggestions. Includes research resources.
- Search for a legal professional or browse free information about the law and legal system for consumers and businesses.
Online Shopping and Gifts
- Get shopping advice from other consumers on all types of products, including computers, cars and sporting goods. Save on discount electronics, books, clothes, exercise equipment, housewares and thousands of other products.
Personal Products and Services
- Tips on makeup and fashion, health care, food, nutrition and environmental issues. Self help guides, services related to health. Products that help in aging, hygiene, eyeware, diet, and more.
- Features real estate news and advice of interest to consumers and professionals. Peruse listings of mortgage rates, agents and properties.
- Discover tens of thousands of software titles for Windows and Mac OS. CD-ROM retailers, variety of business, educational, game and specialty software.
Sports and Athletics
- Retailers offering sporting apparel and equipment for a variety of sports. Examine various product lines, which includes bicycles, inline skates and kickboards, skis and snowboards, and shoes.
- Provides resources related to travel. Guides, tickets, hotels, and more for your vacation or business travel.
- Register domains, find hosting, get a web developer, increase search engine optimization, start an online business. and more.
- Resources give tips on many tasks in creating a wedding plan, including hints on etiquette, party planning, the cake, and the invitations.